You know it’s smart to have OnStar in an emergency, or when you need directions, or when you want to make a hands-free call. But take a look at the ways that OnStar can help you save money, just by having it:
• Improve your mileage: Your monthly OnStar Vehicle Diagnostic email can tell you if a tire has low pressure. With properly inflated tires, you could improve your fuel economy by up to 3.3%.1
• Fewer oil changes: By following the oil life alerts in your monthly Vehicle Diagnostic email report, you could save by cutting your oil changes by 50% and save more than $39 per year.2
• Lower your insurance costs: Select auto insurance companies offer exclusive discounts to OnStar subscribers. Check out www.onstar.com/savings to see if your insurance company participates — or how much you can save if you switch to one of these providers. Join the more than 100,000 subscribers already saving on their auto insurance.3
• No locksmith charges: Remote Door Unlock makes a very inconvenient situation easy to deal with.4
• Car trouble? No problem: Just ask an OnStar Advisor to use GPS technology to locate a nearby service provider5 and direct them to your location. All at no charge to you.
How have you saved money with OnStar? Tell us in the comments below.
1 Source: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/maintain.shtml#inflate-tires. Vehicle must be factory equipped with tire pressure monitoring system.
2 Vehicles must be equipped with the GM Oil Life System. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. Assumes average oil price of $3.99/quart (5 quarts per change).
3 Not available in all states.
4 Service varies by model and conditions.
5 Roadside service provided by Allstate Roadside Services.