Jenna Bell loves her OnStar RemoteLink(1). “I have a Chevy Equinox and setting up the OnStar remote on my Android phone was easy,” she says. “It was just like downloading any other app and it ‘found’ my car quickly and easily. I couldn’t believe that after less than five minutes, my phone was talking to my car and getting information from it.”
OnStar RemoteLink lets you access real-time data from your vehicle. You can:
• View real-time fuel information, including range, remaining gallons and lifetime MPG.
• Check remaining oil life.
• View current tire pressure information(2).
RemoteLink also lets you perform commands like:
• Lock/unlock doors and remotely start your vehicle(3).
• Activate horn and lights to help locate vehicle.
• Contact an OnStar Advisor, Roadside Assistance or preferred dealer.
• Find a destination on the phone and send it directly to OnStar Turn-by-Turn(4) or the vehicle’s in-dash navigation system. Directions will be downloaded and available the next time the vehicle is started.
“So far for me, the best part has definitely been the info screen that tells you things like oil life, tire pressure and fuel level,” Jenna says. “It actually saved me a lot of money when I first got the app. I downloaded it right around the time I was approaching 3,000 miles on the car, the point where you typically need an oil change. But when I downloaded the app, it told me that I had 70% oil life remaining. I e-mailed the dealer, who told me that my vehicle uses a different kind of oil that lasts much longer than the typical 3,000 miles. I was able to wait until about 10,000 miles to get my oil changed. That saved a ton of money. I never would have known this about my car without the RemoteLink app. The more I use it, the more I love it.”
Currently OnStar RemoteLink is compatible with iPhone,® Android™ and select BlackBerry® devices. The app is free with an active OnStar subscription and is available from the App Store, Google Play and Blackberry App World. To find which vehicles are compatible with RemoteLink, visit onstar.com/mobile.
Watch the video below for more information on how to use RemoteLink.
What do you use RemoteLink for the most?
1 Services vary by phone, vehicle and conditions.
2 Vehicle must be equipped with tire pressure monitoring system. Spare tire not included.
3 If factory equipped.
4 OnStar Directions & Connections plan required.